Marquee tool add/subtract to selection

Si hago una selección con marquee y luego marco “add to selection” o “substrac to selection”, no puedo quitar partes de la selección a menos que me posicione fuera de la selección igual con magic wand tool, para poder quitar un color de la selección tengo que buscar ese color fuera de la selección previa, si ese color no existe fuera de la selección, no se puede quitar.
Si lo que quiero es quitar o agregar partes a la selección, la opción de mover la selección debería desaparecer (como trabaja photoshop) al marcar “add/substrac to selection” .

If I made a selection with the Marquee tool and then use “Add to selection” or “Subtract from selection” modes, I cannot subtract selection areas from the inside of the selection, I have to start the selection outside, the same with the Magic Wand tool, to remove a color from the selection I have to find the color outside the selection. So the option to move the selection from the inside should not be available if I choose the Add/Subtract selection modes.

Por el momento lo mejor es presionar Shift (para agregar) o Shift y luego Alt (para sustraer). Debo pensar mejor qué hacer en el caso donde cambiamos el modo de funcionamiento desde los botones de la barra superior (barra de contexto).

El problema es que dejando presionado Shift + Alt las selecciones salen cuadradas perfectas, por lo tanto hay que presionar Shift + Alt comenzar a hacer la selección y luego soltar las teclas.
Cuando menos no es intuitivo.

La versión 1.2.1 (que saldrá hoy) tendrá un parche para este problema.

La nueva versión 1.2.1 arregla este problema. Cierro el thread.

Fixing this bring us a new problem: Ctrl+drag & drop on selection doesn't work on Windows

Today there will be a new update.

This fix brings a little of confusion on people used to the old behavior:

Anyway I think that the new behavior is better for editing (adding/subtracting) selection portions (and almost a must for the Magic Wand).

EDIT: I’m going to restore the previous behavior for the Add selection mode and a new option to switch the behavior.

The new option (checked by default):

2 Likes

Thank goodness for the option coming back! I’m completely used to moving things in Add mode and the new update was destroying me :sob:

ETA on this update?

1 Like

:slight_smile: this week for sure (adding other fixes too)

1 Like

Aseprite v1.2.3 released today includes the fix.

1 Like