Straight line with line tool or pencil tool is a bit off

I’ve notice a difference between Aseprites and Photoshops results when drawing straight lines with both the line tool and holding shift and clicking with the pencil tool.

I often draw lines by holding shift and clicking in Aseprite and Photoshop. I love how Aseprite previews the line before committing yet I think photoshops is more accurate and closer to the result I desire.

I’ve done a simple example image showing the difference between Aseprite and Photoshop when holding shift and clicking with the pencil tool.

lineTest

@sierra_asher actually the line behavior was changed to be more (let’s say) “predictable” for pixel-art. So the first break is done at the very beginning of the line, then and at the middle, then each 1/3:

line-breaks

The previous algorithm was more unpredictable, i.e. the first break is done at the middle of the line, which is hard to calculate in the drawing. Probably I should offer a way to customize this behavior.

lines_example

In the lower example the points are at the same distance and angle yet the resulting line is not straight.

This should be fixed in Aseprite v1.2.10-beta4.