1st pixel art post~

Well easter is coming and I just knew this community… So why not share some of my first pixel and probably ask for some sandwich critiques, if you don’t mind?

easterbunny

1 Like

Very fun bunny! I genuinely like the design. If I could give you a little advice It would be to avoid dithering on a whole drawing. Dithering is a good effect to blend between colors, but used all over can make a messy color. I would design the base first using base colors, something like this(I rounded the character’s forehead and added eyelashes, plus a bit of line thickness in certain areas)

One tip for making this stage is to try and control your curves to make a good shape.
Here is a good video on how to get pixel art curves to look nice in your outlines:

Then you can add more interest by adding shading techniques such as lights and shadows. It’s good to have a source direction for the lights so you can figure out the shadows but for this example, I’ll just go top-down.
Again I like your art and this is only what I might do if I were making it. I look forward to seeing anything else you might like to post! Hope this helps. :smiley:

1 Like