In this topic we will post all important Aseprite news. You can subscribe to this topic to receive emails each time we post something.
More information about each release in the blog.
Aseprite v1.2.3 was just released, this is the list of the included changes/fixes:
- New Edit > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast menu option
- New Layer > Lock Layers menu option
- Restored default behavior on “Add to selection” (#1584)
- Fixed Switch Colors and Eyedropper behavior when the Edit palette mode is enabled
- Fixed crash using negative numbers in Despeckle filter
- Fixed problem inserting a digit/character in a text field with one digit/character
- Fixed “Paint Brush” mode for custom brushes (#1587)
- macOS: Fixed
Right keys to move the selection
- macOS: Fixed native file selector (don’t show it again if we swich to another window with
Aseprite v1.2.4 was just released with these changes:
- General performance improvements (will be mainly noticeable on macOS, but affects all platforms)
- Now themes can specify a non-installed TTF font
- Undo limit options now really works (#1127)
- Windows 8/10: Added support for Surface Pro pen/eraser + touch gestures (#1595)
- macOS: Fixed Shift+mouse wheel to scroll horizontally on Timeline (bug report)
- Fixed several possibilities of random crashes (mainly when the Edit > Undo History window was visible)
- Minor improvements in the Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts dialog
There is a little beta Aseprite v1.2.5-beta1 available on Steam (beta branch), it’s a preview for the next v1.2.5 that will be released next week. Mainly “tiled mode” fixes (still need some work in some areas):
- Zoom timeline with Ctrl+mouse wheel (or ⌘+mouse wheel)
- Several fixes for Tiled Mode:
- Fixed regression bug on v1.2.4
- Count extra tiles as the canvas size (so we can zoom in on it)
- Brush preview now works as expected
- Fixed Gradient tool in tiled mode
- Fixed exporting new layer blend modes to JSON files
New Aseprite v1.2.5-beta2 in beta branch:
- Fixed regression dragging colors in Color Bar (#1616)
F6 key to switch timeline thumbnails works as expected (#1518)
- Fixed drawing straight lines with Pencil tool and Shift+right button (discussion)
- Fixed several issues applying Flip/Rotate commands on range of cels with locked layers (discussion)
- Fixed #1557, #1610
Aseprite v1.2.5 released!
Keyboard shortcuts changes:
Shift+G: Selects the Gradient tool (so now
G key selects the Paint Bucket tool only)
Ctrl+': Switches the Grid visibility (in previous version it was
Ctrl+Shift+': Switches the Pixel Grid visibility (in previous version it was
- Fixed possibility to assign same key to several tools (#1460)
Shift+2 keyboard shortcut on macOS (#1604)
- Fixed some glitches with the Editor crosshair when the brush size popup is open
- Fixed application icon on Linux/X11
- New Switch Nonactive Layers Opacity command available to turn on/off this experimental feature (#1515)
- +All changes in v1.2.5-beta1 and v1.2.5-beta2
Aseprite v1.2.6 released!
- Adjust scroll correctly when tiled mode is changed (t/785)
- Fixed random crashes using Sprite > Color Mode menu options (mainly with a theme with a TrueType font)
- Fixed possible crashes using the undo limit option.
- macOS: Fixed Shift+2 on English keyboard layout (previous fix works only for Spanish-like layouts)
- Linux: Fixed crash on CLI mode
Aseprite v1.2.7 released!
- Added new File > Export dialog with an Animation Direction option to export Forward/Reverse/Ping-Pong animations automatically (#1505)
- Added possibility to rotate ellipses and rectangles with
Alt key (#868)
⌘+Click) to select the layer (or cel) content in the canvas (#1509), other shortcuts
- Added Normal Map color wheel (thanks to the initial work of @robinjam)
.aseprite is the new default extension for new files, and there is a new option to change it
- Fixed the Adjust Hue/Saturation formula (#1571)
- Added HSV colorspace to Adjust Hue/Saturation (#1559)
- Added options to supress warning dialogs (#917, t/420)
- Added options to change the number of recent files/folders and clear the list in Edit > Preferences > Files (#578)
- Now filters like Convolution Matrix, Adjust Hue/Saturation, Replace Color, etc. are applied to the selected range of cels in the timeline
- Now all message boxes/alert dialogs have the first button as the default one (
Enter to confirm,
Esc to cancel)
- Don’t select other layer when clicking over play button (t/989)
- Fixed incorrect preview using linked cels (#1664)
- Fixed bug editing hex field on Palette Edit mode (
F4 key) (#1632)
- Fixed bug using Unicode chars in translations files (#1661 thanks to @yuxshao)
- Fixed bug with certain dimensions of ellipses (#1649 thanks to @yuxshao)
- Fixed bug copying/pasting RGBA images from Aseprite to other apps like Chrome, Discord, etc. on Windows when the image contains semi-transparent pixels
- Fixed bug where a
.ase might be detected as a
.bmp file (#1680)
- Fixed bug saving files with tags with an empty name (#1675)
- Now unchecking the Preview button on filters dialogs will show the original image
- Possible fixes for Windows 10 problems:
- Fixed minor bugs (#1648, and some issues with eyedropper)
Today Aseprite v22.214.171.124 with some regression fixes:
- Fixed crash using –save-as in the CLI (t/1140)
- Windows 8/10: Fixed a couple of regressions with the new Pointer API:
- Fixed double-clicking with the mouse
- Fixed canceling the painting stroke using other mouse button
Aseprite v126.96.36.199 is available!
- Windows: Fixed regression pasting screeshots (Print Screen) or
Chrome images (Right-click > Copy Image) into Aseprite. Also we’ve
added support for Alpha channel on images copied from Chrome.
- Windows: Restore mouse input handling as in v1.2.6 (without pointer
API) because it does more harm that good when using Wacom devices.
- New options for default extension on File > Export commands (#1683)
- Add support to create extensions with new languages
(and an option to change the language from Edit > Preferences > General > Language).
Aseprite v1.2.8 was released!
Now each announcement will have a new topic in the announcements category, so you can watch the category for new releases.
Also you can reply on announcements just in case you have something to comment about the release. In this way we’ve replaced the comments box from the blog with a simple link to announcement to continue the discussion.