Incorrect scaling

I’ve noticed that scaling doesn’t seem right. 100% is actually double the actual pixel size.

In other words, if I were to do a screenshot and paste into Photoshop, 1 pixel multiples (so, a 16x16 would appear as 32x32). This is also the case in the 1:1 preview.

A related problem is I want to be able to see my art scaled to 300%, which represents the upscaled resolution in-game. However with this incorrect scaling I have to find a way to scale it to 150%, which doesn’t seem possible.

By default, Aseprite scales the entire application by 200%

You can go into the preferences and change screen scaling to 100%, and then increase UI scaling to 200% to compensate. Your art will then be rendered at 1:1 pixel scale when at 100% zoom.

3 Likes

Thanks I probably would not have realized this. Lots of new stuff to figure out. Big help!

1 Like

This seems to only change how the application looks in the editor, the way it exports the sprites isn’t affected, at least in my experience.

That is correct, and neither application scaling nor screen scaling should affect .aseprite files or image exports. This topic was about how the art appears in the editor.