New option, cut and paste in one action

Hi, I usually use the cut / paste option a lot.
I suggest an option that is called something like “send to layer”.

You make a selection and use this option that sends the current selection to another layer.

Cutting and pasting need two actions.
Send to layer is just an action.

Is this the same as #1567? For example, a new Edit > Layer from Selection option to create a new layer from the selected area.

Or does this “send to layer” sends the selected pixels to a specific existent layer?

Yes, I mean this:
Or does this “send to layer” sends the selected pixels to a specific existent layer?

And how do you select the target/destination layer? For me it looks like cut and paste :blush:

Ok yo pensé en algo así:
1 - Haces una selección.
2 - Pulsas botón der. del ratón sobre la selección y aparece el menú contextual (veo que esto no es posible pues ahora mismo se hace una deselección con el botón der. del ratón).
3 - En el menú sitúas el cursor sobre la opción “send to layer”.
4 - Sin pulsar ningún botón del mouse aparece una lista con el nombre de cada capa y seleccionas la capa de destino.

Ok I thought of something like this:
1 - You make a selection.
2 - Press right mouse button over the selection and the contextual menu appears (I see that this is not possible because right now a deselection is done with the right mouse button).
3 - In the menu you place the cursor on the “send to layer” option.
4 - Without pressing any mouse button, a list with the name of each layer appears and you select the target layer.