Problem with slices when adding / removing frames

Hi all,

I know that “slices” is a WIP feature. I just want to find out if this is a bug or if I am missing something. Here is the problem:
I have defined multiple slices in my sprite, and those slices have different values for different frames of the sprite. Think of a “hitbox” that is smaller for the crouch animation e.g. This works so far.

Now, if I insert a new frame in the middle of the timeline, the slices, starting at the insert position, get mixed up. What happens is that the new frame is correctly created, but it seems that no additional “slice” info is inserted for that new frame. Instead, the new frame has the slice position / info from the previously selected frame.

For example, frames 3, 4 and 5 all have a different position for a specific slice. When I insert a new frame at position 4, I would assume that frame 5 (which was frame 4 before the insert) would now have the slice infos from the old frame 4. However, it still has the slice position of the old frame 5. So all slice positions are now off by one frame.

Are there any workarounds for this?

1 Like