[Script] Export sprite's layers separately

this is awesome!! thank you so much

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

You are my favorite person today. :3 Thank you so much!

1 Like

This is almost exactly what I am looking for but is there anyway to change the scale of layers its exporting?

I did try to edit the script myself but I did not really know what I was doing and its keeps running out of memory.

1 Like

Hi! I’m planning to update the script to add more functionalities. For now, you can resize the sprite manually before running the script, and resize back after exporting.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the Script I needed this, it would be great if you added the option to resize

Hello everyone!

Today I bring you a much awaited update to this script. You can get it along my other scripts here: GitHub - PKGaspi/AsepriteScripts: My collection of Aseprite Scripts

It includes many new options, including resize and naming formatting. I hope you all enjoy. I’m open to feedback here and in the repo’s issues.

1 Like

Hello! Thank you for making this awesome script, but would it be possible to add an option to exclude layers from the exporting. I was thinking of hiding the layers or even appending the layer name with an underscore or something.

EDIT: I’ve made changes to the script that will skip the export on layers that are prefixed with a given character. The default prefix is an asterisk (*). I can make a pull request on the git repo when I have time and you can add it in for others if you want.

This is awesome and incredibly helpful for a project that I’m working on! I really appreciate it.

非常感谢!我在为自己的游戏项目写一个导出图片和数据的lua脚本工具。但我对app.command.ExportSpriteSheet这个接口的使用方式不清楚,官方文档写的也不够详细。参考了你的lua脚本后,我成功的解决了我的问题。
Thank you very much! I’m writing a Lua scripting tool for exporting images and data for my game project. But I am not clear about the use of app.command.ExportSpriteSheet, the official document writing is not detailed enough. After referring to your Lua script, I successfully solved my problem.

Can anyone help me? I keep getting this whenever I tried to use these scripts.

Hi. To me it looks like the script file (export_layers.lua) has been modified and no longer has correct lua syntax. I would sugest to reinstall using the latest version and try again.

1 Like

This usually happens when you incorrectly save the script file. Make sure you save the raw file, and not the web page that the file is displayed on.

1 Like

I’m unfamiliar with Github, I’ve tried using the Raw button and save the January version from there, but it still have the same error. Can you please explain to me how to download these scripts properly? Thank you for your time and sorry to bother like this.

Of course, don’t worry. Go to the github repo (link in the main post). You’ll see a green button that says “Code”. Click it and select Download ZIP. You can later unzip (using 7-zip, WinRAR or similar). Finally, follow the instructions in the Installation section of the post. Let me know how it goes!

2 Likes

It finally worked, thank you very much!

i have problem :confused: what should i do?

You rock. A lifesaver! Thank you :pray:

How can i use this script to export spritesheets by rows?

Thanks a bunch! Was looking for a way to do this!