Errors with known color profile sRGB

Hello,

After upgrading to Aseprite v1.2.10-beta4-x64 I’m getting this error each time I open a file:

After I click on cancel I find that the file is correctly open in Aseprite without problems, but that warning is really annoying ^^U

You can see at the right part of the screenshot that same image opened in Photoshop, and its profile (sRGB IEC61966-2.1). It’s a common profile, so I don’t know which could be theproblem :S

You can download one .png that causes that behaviour from here: https://i.imgur.com/2J6BDhr.png

Thank you in advance! :smiley:

Edit: Well, the problem seems to be worse. When you try to save a .png after you get that error, you cannot, you only get this other error warning :frowning:

2 Likes

Hi there!

I’m having the same problem. I’ve been working a very long time with this profile and never had any issues whatsoever. It even worked perfectly fine in this very program before, which is one of the main reassons I kept using it, to be honest. If this bug could be fixed that would be such a relief.

Thank you so much in advance. I appreciate the attention to bugs and features in this community.

Same here. Please, fix it. Thank you very much.

I have found a roundabout to avoid more error warnings:

You can go to Sprite>properties and then click on “color profile”, choose “None” and click on “Convert”.

This way you’ll delete the color profile, but at least you can finally save png images again.

@dacap have you got any idea for the cause of the problem? I’m no expert with color profiles so I’m not sure, maybe I’ve done something wrong?

I’ll check this issue ASAP

1 Like

I’ve removed the sRGB color profile check completely for the next version.

Anyway I wasn’t able to embed the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile with Photoshop in .png files (I was able to embed other color profiles, but not the sRGB files). Indeed, my files are saved correctly indicating that the .png uses sRGB (without the embedding the ICC file).

1 Like

Thank you very much! :smiley: