About duplicate cells

Hola, cuando pulsas en “Duplicate cell(s)”, la duplicada sobreescribe a la que ya existe en la nueva posición.

Por ejemplo, tengo 3 frames.
Duplico el frame número 2.
La duplicación se sitúa en el frame 3 y el frame 3 desaparece.

Creo que cuandos e duplica, se debería crear un nuevo cuadro de animación para la duplicación, no sobreescribir el siguiente.

Actualmente es así:
Con 3 cuadros:
A - B - C
Duplico el B y queda así:
A - B - B
El C desapareció.

Creo que debería quedar así:
A - B - B - C

Hello, when you click on “Duplicate cell (s)”, the duplicate overwrites the one that already exists in the new position.

For example, I have 3 frames.
I duplicate frame number 2.
Duplication is in frame 3 and frame 3 disappears.

I think that when doubled, you should create a new animation box for duplication, not overwrite the next one.

Currently it is like this:
With 3 pictures:
A-B-C
I duplicate the B and it looks like this:
A-B-B
The C disappeared.

I think it should look like this:
A-B-B-C

1 Like

Quizá está bien como está, ¿no? Si lo he entendido bien lo que estás duplicando son cels, no frames. Al duplicar frames (alt+n) sí que se crea un nuevo frame y se mueve todo hacia la derecha sin sobreescribir nada.

Supongo que es mejor así, porque si cada vez que se duplica un cel se moviese todo a la derecha (creando frames nuevos) se descuadrarían las animaciones que se tengan en las otras capas.

Mmmm, aunque ahora pensándolo un poco se me ocurre que al duplicar cels a lo mejor se podría dar a elegir si se quiere “sobreescribir” (que es lo que hace ahora) o “desplazar” (mover todo lo de esa capa a la derecha) y que afectase sólo a los fotogramas de esa capa

Maybe it’s fine as it is? If I understood correctly, you are duplicating cels, not frames. When duplicating Frames (alt + n) the program creates a new frame and move the content to the right without overwriting anything.

I suppose it’s better that way, because if every time you duplicate a cel evenything would move to the right (creating new frames in the process) the animations you have in the other layers would get broken.

Mmmm, although now thinking about it a bit, it occurs to me that when duplicating cels maybe the program could let you choose if you want to “overwrite” (which is what it does now) or “displace” (move everything from that layer to the right ) and it would only affect the frames in that layer

El caso es que no se pueden duplicar frames (al menos yo no sé hacerlo), ¡sólo celdas!.

The fact is that you can not duplicate frames (at least I do not know how to do it), only cells!

Sin título-1

Alt + N / “New” is what you want :wink:

Es cierto, sugiero que la opción aparezca en el menú.

That’s right, so I suggest that the option appear in the menu.

The Alt+N is “New Frame”, it’s in the Frame > New Frame menu and in the frame popup menu. Do you think it should be in cel’s popup?

Ok ya veo la opción.
Me resulta un poco confuso.

“New frame” sirve para duplicar un cuadro de animación sin sobreescribir los siguientes.
Creo que eso se debería llamar “duplicar cuadro” pero esto no sería coherente con “duplicar celda”, por que duplicar celda sobreescribe a la celda siguiente.

Ok I see the option.
I find it a bit confusing.

“New frame” is used to duplicate an animation frame without overwriting the following ones.
I think that should be called “duplicate box” but this would not be consistent with “duplicate cell”, because duplicate cell overwrites the next cell.

Qué jaleo, no sé por que se pone así la letra.

Yeah, actually all the options are a little confusing.

The main idea is that New Frame will create a new frame exactly as the current one (the most common case, because animation is a progression from the previous frame), and New Empty Frame will create a new frame from scratch. The “duplicate cels” should be called Copy Cels Block or something like that, because the act in the level of cel blocks.