Am i the only one that does not no how to start ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

can anyone help me please i am a newcomer

1 Like

Whatโ€™s the issue exactly?

1 Like

i want to make a game

1 Like

The best way imo is to just find a super basic platformer tutorial on YouTube and follow it exactly to just make a simple thing. Itโ€™ll take you between an hour to a day depending on the tutorial and hitting any snags and it will introduce you to many of the basic concepts you need to continue on your own. Itโ€™s hard to know which ones are good though, especially as I havenโ€™t watched any except for one or two.

Whether you want to do a platformer or not is irrelevant. Itโ€™s a good way to get going and learn the ins and outs of a game engine quickly.

Random example for Unity that I just found:

Godot:

I started with this guys GameMaker tutorial (for 1.4 but he made a new one too), however GameMaker 2 is not free and 1.4 isnโ€™t really available anymore.

2 Likes

hi i am new

1 Like

Hey there! Welcome to the pixel and videogame biz. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, thats what weโ€™re all here for and all. Youโ€™re gonna need to be more specific though, sonny. I can definitely make time for someone who wants to learn the craft but first I have to know what exactly youโ€™re tryin to accomplish. My personal forteโ€™s are pixel art and Godot Game Maker. If you got any questions about those, please do ask