Aseprite Command Line Interface

Hi, I don’t know how to use Aseprite Command Line Interface for export JSON files. Who can help me with that?

https://www.aseprite.org/docs/cli/#aseprite-command-line-interface

I already saw that but I still don’t know how to use it

To use the CLI, you open up a shell (a command line, in other words), and launch Aseprite from there, with the command line arguments as described in the docs linked above. On Windows, the Command Prompt and PowerShell are two built-in shells. On MacOS, there’s Bash as a default. Default Linux shells are as numerous as Linux distros so I can’t list them here. Some third-party file browsers also include a command line.

Pasting your post from the other CLI thread here:

I don’t really know how to use CLI for automatize tasks, where can I find some kind of tutorial? Is that a thing to download? Where I can dowload it?

You don’t need to download anything beyond the Aseprite that you presumably already have. CLI just means you run it from the command line instead of running the GUI.

The CLI isn’t as full-featured as the GUI, so for some tasks, scripting within the GUI may be a better choice (although, you can also run scripts via the CLI).

Thank you very much!! Also, how can I use the console by opening Aseprite puttin --shell ?
And is there a way to decide where I want to save the file?

I don’t understand this question, sorry.

And is there a way to decide where I want to save the file?

Yes, include the path as part of the filename. Same for input files - unless the file’s in the directory you’re running Aseprite from, you’re going to have to include the path to it.