Audio Track in Aseprite

Hello,
I’ve been using Aseprite for about a year now, and it’s a wonderful software for creating small-scale animations, as well as large-scale art. Not to mention its extremely affordable price. However, as I get more and more into animation I realized that I could get so much more done, if there were an audio channel right above the animation channels. That way, I can make fluid, timed movements to pre-made audio. I’m sure the addition of this would bring a lot more people to Aseprite, and it would significantly help me and many others.
Thank You.

5 Likes

Related to issue #70 some day I’d like to add support for audio tracks (just to sync animation + audio and in a future to export mp4 files)

10 Likes

Thank you for your response, I can’t wait to see where this software is heading!

2 Likes

the audio track for synching animation with audio is the only missing feature

1 Like

Any progress?

2 Likes

Hope this is still being worked on! It’s quite difficult syncing animation up with audio when it’s separate.

Still a wanted feature. Hope to see this feature soon :slight_smile:

yeah! we need that!

4 years now. And still no audio feature. I wanna make a pixel animation tho.

I’m too would very much like to see an audio plugin for Aseprite that could let us add speech clips above the frames in the timeline, or even better - to record them directly in Aseprite for using as placeholders! That way, we could draw our speech animation sequences in sync with the audio, without jumping back and forth and worrying about guessing-in-the-dark if we drew correctly.

Another great feature on this very topic would be a true lip-sync capability that will go along with what is called ‘symbols’ (a sequence of frames) of all the possible mouth expressions with somewhere that we could set what sound each frames represents (A, Eh, E, U, O, M, N/L, F, S). Then, we could put the character body on one layer, its head / mouth as a ‘symbol’ on another layer right above it, and then the true lip-sync would set the frame of the head / mouth on the timeline in match with the speech clip that is playing.

All these would surely require a lot of hard work to develop, and I by all means don’t expect it to be out any time soon (or at all). I only provide my thoughts, and it would just be wonderful if such features could be part of this awesome piece of software some day.

make an audio track im begging….