Cannot compile Skia for Aseprite [#error STL1000: unexpected compiler version]

Today,I decided to try and compile Aseprite by myself. So,to start,I gathered all the tools listed in INSTALL.md:

• Visual Studio 2019 Community (including Desktop development with C++ item + Windows 10.0.17763.0 SDK)
  • latest versions of CMake,Ninja,LLVM (I also installed MozillaBuild)
  • Google Depot Tools

Now,following the Skia compiling instructions listed in INSTALL.md,I managed to get to the third and final set of commands for finishing the compiling process:

set PATH=C:\deps\llvm\bin;%PATH%
gn gen out/Release --args="is_official_build=true skia_use_system_expat=false skia_use_system_libjpeg_turbo=false skia_use_system_libpng=false skia_use_system_libwebp=false skia_use_system_zlib=false target_cpu=""x64"" cc=""clang"" cxx=""clang++"" clang_win=""c:\deps\llvm"" win_vc=""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC"""
ninja -C out/Release skia

But,after I press enter and start releasing Skia,the compiling process stops at around [6/908] returning the following error log: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I apologise in advance if I didn’t provide enough info,I’m very new to compiling. I can’t find a solution to this issue,and I’m getting pretty desperate.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Hello,

the error says the Clang version should be 8 or newer. Do you have the right version installed?

I got the same error, the version I installed (older than 8.0.1) was the one shown at ‘Building Skia dependency’ in the Aseprite repository. Do you know how to update to 9.0.0?