Can't save as PNG in desktop

I made a sprite, and i tried to save it in my folder as a png, that did not work, tried saving it to desktop, did not work, tried saving it to downloads, It worked. i tried running aseprite as administrator and i could save the file anywhere as a .aseprite file, but i could not save png files to desktop or any folder inside desktop

1 Like

I’m happening same as you. That’s not only png. All other file types expect ase and asprite

Hello everyone! :wave: it looks like a problem with privilegies, are you running Aseprite on Windows or macOS? are you running Aseprite with your user or as administrator?

You can try:

1. close Aseprite,
  2. then start Aseprite as normal, with your user,
  3. try to drag and drop a .png file from the desktop (Windows Explorer / macOS Finider) to Aseprite
  4. then modify the png and save it File > Save
  5. can you save the file?

I’m having the same thing happen. I was able to save two pngs like normal but the next day I can’t save things like normal.

Aseprite is able to “see” the files but when i open fileexplorer in windows 10 the files aren’t there, and existing files can no longer be overwritten. this includes both PNG and ASE files. I can open them in aseprite even if i open a new tab BUT saving them in the new window doesn’t fix the problem, i just know that the files exist “somewhere” in the folder i saved them to even if i can’t see them?

Closing all tabs fixed my problem and i can save things again.

I’m using: Steam, Windows 10

i don’t get it how’d you fix it?

1 Like

how i fix it is save the png file to the data file in the skin folder in asprite or libresprite
then after it saves there you can copy and paste it in the desired folder