Card declined but money was taken from my account

I went to the direct aseprite website to buy the product, however rather than accepting my card and going through with the transaction to recieve my purchase id and key, it declined my card and still charged me the money. I tried the transaction again as I had not known that it would take money from me, and the process repeated to my lack of knowledge at the time. I would like a concrete way of recieving my money back as there isn’t even a number on the website I was directed towards, and I am not willing to be scammed out of 40 dollars by only relying on a crappy standard refund form that gets sent over to what I presume is an automated system. It would be highly appreciated if I could recieve more help. I do have confirmations of the purchases if needed.

Idk how to contact aseprite peeps either, but I just saw this while looking for something else–

contact your bank, i’ve been in emergency situations like these a lot, If something went wrong it is the bank----you need to either file a dispute or have your bank refund it if there is not a way to contact aseprite, they can still waive any fees with overdraft if the dispute goes through. The only way it won’t, is if for some reason you did recieve it, but if it didn’t go through and was declined—that is your banks fault. it has abolutely nothing to do with aseprite. Call your bank and have that figured out.