Chocolate Textures

Which one of these works better?

Sprite-0001

Sprite-0002

I am trying to make my own textures based off other guys’ textures with my own spin of sorts, but I think I am getting things wrong with things like size

I am not sure when it comes to this chocolate for example

Chocolate Textures

Somethings also kinda look wrong in here for example, for this attempt at white chocolate

I’m also not too sure about the lighting of this other chocolate, particularly in the middle

Chocolate Textures

1 Like

you got set a consistent size otherwise its not possible to help you since i dont know how much of information i have to work with, thats priority number one

TBH, I’m kinda basing off my stuff off another guy’s stuff, but they’re not using 32x32’s, I guess

1 Like

Question, does this look alright?

Meat Texture1

Or am I getting some of the lighting wrong

2 Likes

Looks pretty good :+1:

Looks really cool!

When creating pixel art, it’s recommended to use pure black and white colors only when you want something to stand out, which in this case I think is a slight mistake. Instead, consider using a dark version of the color of the object for borders ( in this case dark brown). This technique can help add depth and dimension to your artwork.

As far as the cube goes the bottom right has a dark brown that would look nice on the side of the top faces border.

well not exacly, that is indeed a good way to make outlines, but thats far from the only way to make something stand out, contrasting color schemes, different detail levels and other tecniques can be used to achieve contrast.

what i think happened here is that he tried to outline whats essentialy a tile with black, shading with black works on very specific situations only, if he outlined with a darker bnrown it could have worked.

Thanks for yours and @Phantom 's advice

Problem is, have a hard time visualizing how to make it look still