Copy color from neighbouring palette slot

I’m not sure if you’d call this a feature request, but in a previous version of aseprite there was a bug that I actually found quite useful.

The bug was that Scroll+Alt in the color picker didn’t change the selected color. Instead, it gave the current slot the color of the slot next to it.
I used that to make color palettes, as it allowed you to easily pick new colors based on colors you already had.

Maybe there’s better ways to do this that I don’t know about, but so far I haven’t found anything that works.

If you hold Alt while dragging the edge of the swatch (the same as you would to move it), that will duplicate the swatch. This creates a new swatch rather than replacing the old colour, however.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, but I already tried using that and i’m not a fan of it for 2 reasons:

1. I find that grabbing the edge is finicky and slow in my opinion.

2. duplicating a swatch in the middle of the pallette will move all the swatches that come after it, which means i’ll have to hit the “remap” button a lot, because the colors will look wrong in indexed mode.

edit:
I discovered that you can copy and paste swatches, which will paste the color without moving the swatches around. While this isn’t perfect, i can live with using that instead for now.

2 Likes