Disable circle around pointer when i release click with a pen?

Whenever i click somewhere in aseprite with my pen, a circle around the pointer appears. This does not happen anywhere else in my system (including OS and other painting software), as i have disabled every visual cue in the system/drivers. Why is aseprite behaving like this, and can i stop it?

Note: this only happens when i release the pen without moving it.

1 Like

i’m not sure about this, because i always forget how did i get rid of that damn thing, but i think it’s related to windows ink. did you try to set wintab instead of windows ink in preferences → tablet ?

So im not talking about the circle that shows up when you hold the pen.
In windows ink, i have that disabled.
This is a circle that shows up only when i release the pen without moving it (for any period of time).
This only happens in aseprite, not in the OS or other drawing software (or any other software).

Hi @Gujhack, could you please share a screenshot of that?

1 Like

Thats the circle, when i RELEASE the pen (only the pen) after clicking and not moving it. Doesnt matter what tool im currently using. No other part of the OS or other apps display that. I have disabled any pen visual effects in windows ink.

It quickly increases a bit, then dissapears. Like a signal.

1 Like

I was running into the same issue, and it also appeared to be related to Windows Ink, as the problem goes away if I switch to Wintab via Aseprite’s settings.

Hi there! I know I’m two and a half years late replying to this, but I just figured it out.

I spent a couple years trying to figure out this same issue on my Surface laptop, but the answer is so simple.

Even though I had visual effects for windows ink disabled in both the Windows 11 settings AND control panel’s Pen and Touch settings, the splash around the cursor seemed to stay the same.

The solution that worked for me is
-go to Control Panel
-click on Pen and Touch
-click the “Touch” tab
-check “Show visual feedback when touching the screen”
-then uncheck “Show visual feedback when touching the screen”

Press apply and retry your pen in Aseprite. It drove me CRAZY trying to figure out this issue… I hope it helps.

1 Like

2023-11-09 18_19_31-Pen and Touch

I was THIS close to resolve that damned annoying issue, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I don’t have Touch Tab -_-

Found this setting in another part of Windows’ labyrinth.
Maybe it will be useful for someone :3