Dithering on the fly

I thought I found a setting where what I blur applies dithering. I can’t find it now. How do I enable that setting?

Hi @Nit_Pick, I’m not sure, it might be:

• The Blur tool (R key) in an indexed image (Sprite > Color Mode > Indexed)
  • Or the Jumble tool (R key two times)
  • Or a Convolution Matrix (F9 key, Edit > FX > Convolution Matrix menu) with drunk-3x3_x pattern or something similar
1 Like

Ack, forgot to mention that it applies the Bayer Matrix dithering. If that makes sense. Kinda like how Dan Fessler’s HD Index Painting works.

1 Like

No, there is no such option.

Weird, I could have sworn there was a pop up window similar to the pull down gradient menu that chooses Bayer Matrix or regular gradient interpolation.

Yes, there is a combobox to select the matrices, but they are for the gradient tool (there is no HD index painting mode):

34 PM

42 PM

Weird… I must have been really tired to think of something like that. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

When will this dithering brushes be available in the paid version. ? :slight_smile: I mean i understand you can make your own brushes but still it would be nice to have them.

1 Like

I agree, I’d really like this feature. There’s some small thingies that are still making it hard for me to decide if I marry with Aseprite for pixelart or stick to Photoshop. Basically, Photoshop is still much stronger in every aspect except for animation which is disastrous there.

1 Like