Enter Key stops working in program after several hours

I’ve had this issue for a while, and it hasn’t resolved with updates. Not sure what causes it.

But if I have Aseprite running for a few hours, the Enter key stops working within it. It stops working for everything – I can’t use it play/pause animation, or to select the “OK” button in popups, or to confirm number input into menus, and can’t use Enter to confirm a rotation/transformation. The Enter key just stops responding entirely for the whole program. I haven’t found any pattern to how or why this happens, and it seems to only be the Enter key.

Only affects Aseprite, as I can open up any other program (text editor, etc) and Enter key works fine.

The only solution I’ve found is to close the entire program and restart it. A minor annoyance, but doable.

Hi @jamesO2, what version of Aseprite are you using? the latest one? v1.2.23? Are you on Windows, macOS, or Linux? and what specific version of the operating system?

Hi. Yes, I am using the most current version of Aseprite (v1.2.23 x64). But I’ve noticed this problem for about a year, so it’s been persistent. But it’s such a minor bug I never bothered reporting it before, since I could just save my work and restart the program. And some days the glitch happens 2 or 3 times, and other days it doesn’t happen at all. Not sure what causes it.

I’m running the latest build of Windows, here’s some system information. But as I mentioned, it’s been happening for over a year, with older builds of Windows and Aseprite too.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Model Surface Pro 2
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Surface_Pro_2
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2.05.0250, 4/10/2015
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
BaseBoard Product Surface Pro 2
BaseBoard Version 1
Platform Role Slate
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32