Experiment with very lowres and very low bitcount #1

I am experimenting very lowres and bitcount images with well known palettes of the past and random themes.
Today I am trying to do a space theme: the USS Enterprise from Star Trek with CGA0HIGH 2BIT palette and a native resolution of 128x80 pixels (here a 1000% scaled version for a suitable visualization).
A quite difficult palette for the theme since it has black, light green, red, light yellow colors only, but I want to give it a try.

1 Like

very good things fit well together though you could have used the red to do some shadows in the spaceship parts

1 Like

Thanks!
Yes, I have thought to do shadows with red, and for some reason I don’t remember I didn’t, but as you said the image should have surely look better with these shadows.
Wondering if these shadows should have been feasible also with 2x2 black dithering :thinking: , but very difficult with that low resolution I think.
I appreciate very much your advice and comments, I will continue to post experiments with much of the old computers palettes. Later I will also try to use same typical resolutions of these computers maybe. Goodbye! :wink:

you dont relly have the space for a clean black dither oit would blend too much with the background and it may apper fractured

1 Like

Very unique, I like it! Has a lot of potential, I wish it had a bit more detail somehow. :thinking:

1 Like