[Extension] Animation Suite

Animation Suite - Download :link: - Source Code :link:

Started a new extension this year, took me two months from an idea to a clean implementation, I present to you - Animation Suite, an extension for Aseprite that adds new options:

• Import Animation - allows for importing an animation from another sprite with an on-screen guide. Source animation can be based on a layer, a tag, or a selection. Imported animation can be static or move in a linear or sine pattern.

animation_suite_import_prev3-export

animation_suite_import_selection_prev-export

• Loop Animation - generates a perfect loop from multiple animations on separate layers with a different number of frames.

animation_suite_loop_prev2-export

Known issues:

• Extension doesn’t work with the BETA version of Aseprite - at least not by default, in relation to an open issue on GitHub the extension crashes if used with an experimental option "UI with multiple windows". This can be disabled in Edit > Preferences > Experimental > UI with multiple windows.
  • Background layers aren’t in general cause issues for the extension, it’s recommended to avoid them.
15 Likes

Very useful. Thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

Amazing! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I hope can be a native feature in the future :heart_eyes:

1 Like

An update to v1.0.1 was released, changes include:

• [Fix] Loop Animation - max # of frames no longer resets when selecting/deselecting a layer to loop
  • [Fix] Import Animation - start position now is correctly set based on the current or previous frame

Additionally, after an issue was reported it was discovered that the extension doesn’t work with the BETA version of Aseprite - at least not by default, in relation to an open issue on GitHub the extension crashes if used with an experimental option "UI with multiple windows". This can be disabled in Edit > Preferences > Experimental > UI with multiple windows.

An update to v1.1.0 was released, changes include:

• Loop Animation
    • [Improvement] Added a “Cancel” button
  • Import Animation
    • [Improvement] Added an option to flip the source image horizontally or/and vertically
    • [Improvement] Added a “Cancel” button
    • [Fix] Positions are now correctly drawn on the guide layer on top of the sprite preview

Thanks to Pete for providing very helpful feedback.