Extensions Never Work for me

Hello, I noticed extensions never work for me. I follow all instructions for a extension and it appear installed in the Preferences > Extensions. But the extension will never appear in the indicated places by the extension instructions. It’s like if is only showing in the installed extensions but never really installed… Some additional information:

• The Extension is enabled
  • I use the Steam Aseprite
  • My computer language is Portuguese and Steam is installed in drive D:
  • Themes works (at least the one I tested in the past works fine.
    Here a example but this happen to other extension too. This extension add a Sprite Analyzer to the View Menu but not happens.

works for me… did you restart the aseprite?

Yes I restart aseprite after install but don’t appear anything new in the menu.

Is the behaviour the same if you run Aseprite as an administrator?

I noticed when I double click the extension it install in a folder C:\Users\Usuário\AppData\Roaming\Aseprite\extensions\sprite-analyzer

I tried to ctrl+x from this folder and ctrl+v in the correct folder on steam folder and after this looks like is working. I dont know why the extensions to do this
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aseprite\data\extensions

the c: location is where the extensions are usually stored, i guess there might be some issue with aseprite on steam?

what is weird though is that you mentioned the themes working fine - which are located in same folder.
glad you managed to make it work.

Yes, maybe is the steam version

Just in case, could you check if there is a aseprite.ini file in this folder:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aseprite\

You shouldn’t have a aseprite.ini file (because in that case the program will think it’s a portable version, and will try to install everything in Program Files instead of your personal folder C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\Aseprite).

No, I just have this files in this folder

Because this thread is linked from other websites and because the thread mentions a file path containing the character ‘á’, I’m posting a link to a thread which I believe could be related.

Apologies for necro-posting.

1 Like