File -> Scripts menu missing

Hi Asepritees,

I am new to the community. First of all, I want to thank everyone for the lovely community and the developers for this wonderful product. I just love the Aseprite for its simplicity and it gets pretty much all the work done with ease and fun. I am using the dev build but will definitely buy the full version in the near future.

I have a quick question. I downloaded the source code and built it. Everything works perfectly fine. I am on v1.2.9-x64. I don’t see the File → Scripts menu. Is it not available in dev build and I want to purchase the full version?

Thank you.

Hi @spec, the v1.2.9-x64 version is a quite old version (it didn’t have scripting support back in that day), if you have downloaded the source code, you should see the v1.x-dev, v1.2.31-dev or v1.3-beta7-dev in the title bar. And it includes the scripting support.

2 Likes

Hi @dacap, I will give it a try. Thank you very much for your help. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hello @dacap! Could you explain to me what this v1.x-dev version would be? Would it be equivalent to v1.3-beta7 (most current at the moment) or would it be more up to date than beta (development version)? I compiled it today and the version that appears to me is just v1.x-dev and I didn’t understand the exact version of the program. Thank you for your attention in advance.