First attempt at pixel art. Could I have some feedback please

Criticise away. I’d like to learn :slight_smile:

Thanks

pumpkin1

1 Like

Just realised it’s tiny so hard to see what’s going on with the animation. A bigger one below now

pumpkin1-export

thanks

2 Likes

Weirdly. I’m going to give myself advice and say. Take a break after you do something then look at it again later (like anything), as you may see some things you didn’t notice from staring at it.

Weirdly (and I swear it didn’t look like this while I was doing it) - it looks like it would be better if I inverted the wink animation, so that it’s timed with the mouth going the other way.

Result. Yes, this looks more natural.

pumpkin2

It looks great! Much better than my first attempt :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:. The aimation looks pretty good, but it could be cleaner (I feel like some of the colors are off)

Thank you. I had just watched a video on subpixel animation so kinda attempted that. Learned a lot from dong it.

You’re definitely right about some of the colours. I’m probably gonna do some non-pixel art related drawing tutorials etc. Might get a couple of books.

Thanks for the feedback

If you want some good pixel art channels I suggest AdamCYounis or MortMort.

Thanks man. I’ve seen a few of Adam’s videos but I’ll check out MortMort too. :smiley:

You… you… Did far better then I ever did with my first sprite, and animation

Thanks. I’ll attempt something else soon :slight_smile: