Hey can someone help? I'm trying to export a file into a folder and it says it can't be saved there (SOLVED)

Are you perhaps trying to save into a folder that’s read-only? Some folders are read-only by default, especially on recent versions of Windows.

nope its not locked or anything

Where are you trying to save it specifically? That might give a clue as to the issue.

I had this problem with Aseprite v1.2.25, but it was a directory issue (my fault).

$ "/c/Users/bitla/Documents/Aseprite-v1.2.25/Aseprite.exe" -b --layer "body" "player_wk04.aseprite" --save-as player/body/player_b_{tag}_sprite.gif
Error saving file:
Cannot save file player/body/player_b_idle_2_sprite.gif in the given locationError saving file:
Cannot save file player/body/player_b_idle_6_sprite.gif in the given locationError saving file:
Cannot save file player/body/player_b_idle_8_sprite.gif in the given locationError saving file:
Cannot save file player/body/player_b_walk_2_sprite.gif in the given locationError saving file:
Cannot save file player/body/player_b_walk_6_sprite.gif in the given locationError saving file:

I had to create folder player/body. It works now.

Are you trying to export to a directory that no longer exists?

nope its right here
Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 10.46.10 AM

Are you using network storage or dual booting? That path looks like you’re saving over SMB or onto a mounted NTFS partition, so either could be an issue.

If saving onto NTFS from Linux it could easily be file locking semantics or some other crazy interaction. If over SMB, I’ve had some lag over network storage, but no errors so far, and that was ~250+ frames at a time.

nvm guys i just made a whole new folder and it works just fine now. idk wut was wrong with the first one.