How do I change the menu size from outside the application?

Hello, I have just bought and loaded up Aseprite, and like an idiot I messed up immediately by accidentally setting the menu size larger than my screen. Now, the “apply” button is outside of my screen so I can’t switch the menu size back!

I’ve tried uninstalling and installing the game but the menu setting is still saved. Any help would be appreciated!

If you can still navigate to Edit > Preferences > General, click on the link that says Locate Configuration File. Otherwise, try to locate the file aseprite.ini in your system browser. I’m using Windows 10, so for me it was in C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Aseprite. Open the aseprite.ini file in a text editor, find ui_scale and/or screen_scale and change them to your preferred setting.

1 Like

You can also navigate the menu with your keyboard. Tab goes to the next field. On this particular screen, press Tab until the Missing Profile dropdown is selected, then press Tab three more times to get to Apply. Then press Enter.

If you can get to the General tab with the screen scaling and UI elements scaling options, after UI Elements, press Tab six times and then press Enter to apply.

You can use the Up/Down arrows to select different values in drop-downs and in the sidebar while the field is selected.

Here’s a screenshot of the full window to help you navigate, if you need it. Elements are selected from top to bottom, left to right.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m in business now :slight_smile:

when it happen to you to messed up the screen scaling, there is a flag in the top right corner click it and it will default again