How to Transpose an animated Sprite

I am new to animation, and new to Aseprite, thought I am very happy with how easy it is to pick up!
I have a sprite with a walking animation (just three frames). I would like the sprite to be transposed across the screen while that animation is running. What is the simplest way to do this?

That is, I would like the walking animation to do more than let my character walk in place!

I’m sure this is an easy concept, but I couldn’t find the answer. Thanks in advance!

Aseprite doesn’t have any kind of pathing style animation like say flash does, so you’re just gonna have to move the character by hand on each frame. Duplicate the cels (select them, right click -> duplicate, or use the keyboard shortcut), then just move em.

Thanks!

So if I understand correctly, there is no real benefit to assembling the animation sequence beforehand, because it will have to be reordered on the new layer anyway?

Aseprite is really simple when it comes to animation. Each frame is just a new image basically, so that’s all there is to it. You can loop your walk cycle pretty simply by just duplicating those cels (click+drag to select them, then right click -> duplicate cels) then you can select and move them with the move tool. You can move all of them at the same time, but it’s probably easier to just move one at a time using the onion skin (F3) for positioning.

Ah, I get it, you put all the cells on the screen first and just arrange them on the canvas…

Thanks!