I can't close the color picker dialog

Hi all.

I got a new PC and I installed Aseprite.
Now when I open a file (or creating a new one), the color picker dialog stays there forever and I can’t close it.
When I press the ‘X’ to close the dialog, it just disapear and the dialog stays there.
This dialog is there from the beggning, I do nothing to open it :?

How can I close it?
Is it a bug?

1 Like

might be. or it might be issue with theme. i stopped using dark theme because i couldn’t pin files in recent file window…
does this happen when you switch to default theme? anyway, you should be able to open and hide this window with F4 key.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help !

Yeah, the problem is the Theme.
I’m using a theme I paid for and I like it very much, but the close buttons (X) on corners were not well placed.
I siwtched to default theme, closed the dialog, then back to dark theme and now I don’t see the color picker dialog… now the close buttons (X) are well placed, but the size if not correct.

No more issues at the moment, I hope I can still using this theme :?

2 Likes

glad it helped! oh, i think you can if that’s the only issue you have. also i searched a google a bit and you may try view → refresh and reload skin if it happens again. i honestly don’t know how much it will help, but i’d give it a try.

edit: i just found there’s a bug with that function: Refresh & Reload Skin (or scripts folder) hotkey while having menu item on opened causes crash · Issue #2496 · aseprite/aseprite · GitHub
so maybe don’t try it :smiley:

1 Like

Well, maybe I had to do only that ‘refresh and reload skin’ instead switching themes hehehe

As you can see here, the X button’s size are not correct, but at the moment I can work with that. The whole topbar is messed up :slight_smile:

Thanks !!

yeah, this looks strange. :expressionless: check some other dark themes: GitHub - aseprite/themes: List of themes created by Aseprite users maybe some of them will work better for you.

1 Like