Improving working flow

Hello guys,

I’m using Aseprite to draw my sprites and animations. For now, my sprites are 16x16 and I have to export to a higher resolution. As the Aseprite doesn’t allow to export sprite sheet changing scale option through UI, I was exporting through Aseprite CLI but I wasn’t being productive exporting my sprite sheets everytime I change some pixels. So I created a “File change listener” to observe my .ase files and export to desired folder.

I tried to use something that was easier for people to use without having to install other dependencies (eg shell script) but I ended up developing the listener using Ruby. I don’t know if it will be useful to someone as it is for me, but I hope it helps.

I’m using like this:
ruby aseprite_listener.rb -a ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Aseprite/aseprite -p ~/Documents/AsepriteFiles -t ~/Documents/MyGame/Images -d ~/Documents/MyGame/Images/Data -s 8 -i 1

Project code: Aseprite Listener

1 Like