Incorrect Palette

I was trying to generate a palette from an image of the Sega Genesis palette, but when I generate the palette, it gives incorrect colors, and sometimes it even duplicates some colors.

Hi there @GallantArc302, could you share the image used to create the palette? Maybe here or sending the image to support@aseprite.org?

For one, if the image you used has ever been encoded using lossy compression(such as JPEG) there will be minute alterations to the colors sometimes imperceptible to the human eye.

I had found this to be the case with some of the images I pulled off line of SNES games that I tried to make a palette out of. Upon investigation, I found some of the color values differ by as little as a a point or two. Aseprite WOULD consider this a whole new color.

Genesis Palette Here’s the image, it’s a png. I used the color tool and went over every color, and they were all the correct raw values, but the palette had random colors.

Ah. I can confirm that this does create a messed up palette. I took the image into v1.2.18 x64 version, and when I create a palette none of the colors match, then when I set it to indexed mode, the colors get all messed up. It is a 512 color image, could that be the problem @dacap? I know Aseprite has some issues past 256 colors.