Isometric tiled mode

Hello, I really love to use tile-mode tool for creating seamless textures. However, it can be used only for creating square tiles. I’m currently developing an isometric game and would love to be able to create isometric tiles in the same way. Please, add some diagonal mirroring to create such tiles.
I imagine them as guide lines at a certain adjustable angle to each other (due to the fact that different tilt is possible here).

3 Likes

Hello, anyone?

Look here for ‘isometric’ keyword. It is pre-thought, but greatly depends on developers plans.

I created those scripts that can help you convert orth tiles to isometric tiles.

Hi, I had the same need and wrote a lil script that helps to draw seamless tiles of any shape.

1 Like

For Inkscape specifically, since it doesn’t natively support diagonal mirroring for tiles, you would likely need to manually copy and rotate the tile components. Alternatively, you could use a script or extension that automates the process, the pretty good one is above as i tried it before for my project, or try to find it on tutorials about isometric 2d assets , but it will be useful to search for it it on isometric game forums rather on blogs