Multi screen support

When is multi screen support coming?
I want to put my preview window on another monitor. Idc how much work it takes, do it. I want it.
Be superior to piskel yo, multi screen support. Do it.

Do it.

Hi @Forrest_Lowe, actually the “do it” thing doesn’t work for developers. Even more, it works in the reverse direction: the more “do it” I hear, the less I want to work on it.

Well that would be valid if I wasn’t also a developer. I am a strong believer in listening to my audience, if you don’t believe in that then why charge for your product? Because you’re gonna make allot more sales going FTU if you don’t give a shit what people think.

Just in case, this feature was thought long time ago: https://github.com/aseprite/aseprite/issues/518

The feature can be implemented after doing the full switch to our back-end + Skia (removing Allegro library completely, which is still active on Aseprite v1.2.9 on Linux). You can see the ongoing efforts along all these years to implement this feature here: https://github.com/aseprite/aseprite/issues/139 It’s not related to “I don’t give a shit about the users”, it’s that it required years of work to be able to implement the feature and just in this year we’ll be able to start working on this.

What I find a little harsh from your side, is the imperative tone to ask for features, sounds like developers are slaves or something like that.

It’s more of a suggestion, I am happy to see that it is indeed being worked on. I do not mean to tell you how to do your job, I only mean to express how I feel the product should continue. I want a feature, and to know that it will be implemented in a couple of years (as it sounds from the way you put it) just makes me joyous.
Side note: I don’t mind being harsh if it means you’re listening. I like to be playful and ask for something in a joking manor “Do it” being the punchline(poor though it may be.) But I don’t care to be talked down to for not being on the project. If you were to start your responses with “That feature is actually already in the works” like you have done now, I would have responded very differently.

Don’t worry, eveything is fine :+1: