New pattern fill / new dithering matrix

Hola, una consulta rápida, ¿podrías añadir el relleno por lineas?.

hello, a quick consultation.

Captura

lineas

1 Like

EN: Also, I think it would be very interesting if the user could add his/her own patterns to use them with the filling/gradient tools :slight_smile:

ES: También, creo que sería muy interesante que los usuari@s pudieran añadir sus propios patrones para usarlos con las herramientas de relleno y gradiente :slight_smile:

Actually there is possible to add new patterns, but not so user-friendly, you have to create a extension (a .zip file) with a content similar to this folder.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s really interesting!

@dacap Should I put that .zip file on “Aseprite\data\extensions”? Then the extension would be loaded automatically when starting Aseprite or should I do something else?

Thank you very much! :smiley:

Not exactly, you have two options:

1. Use Edit > Preferences > Extensions > Add Extension and select the .zip (this is recommended because then you can Uninstall the extension from the same dialog)
  2. Or you can uncompress the .zip file in a subfolder of the extensions folder e.g. Aseprite/data/extensions/myextension), this is what the Add Extension button does from the UI (+ creates an extra file for uninstallation)
2 Likes

That’s great! Thank you very much! ^^

2 Likes

I’ve invested much more time in this than I should have XD

@SynthED I’ve got a little present for you :wink:
https://bitbucket.org/jjhaggar/aseprite-dithering-matrices/raw/2aecf0ec1ac952700c0b3cbd2fbfaea9ac233553/jjhaggar-dithering-matrices-lines-extended.zip
You can install this extension following dacap instructions :slight_smile:

I’ve started a little repo for an extension with lots of dithering styles: Bitbucket Feel free to join, help, suggest, or ask for things that you’d like to be added ^^

Right now I’ve just uploaded the lines dithering styles (because that was what the original poster asked for), but I’ll be adding more ones, here you have some examples (I love the hearts one XD)

some%20samples

9 Likes

WOOOA incredible!

Thank you!

I was seeing the way to include my lines but I gave up.

2 Likes

Hi … I don’t remember … where do I find the patterns? Have they changed places or something?

I mean, how do I fill a selection using a pattern?

Make your selection and then use the Gradient tool (Shift+G, or click the Paint Bucket tool and select the Gradient alternate tool). The gradient pattern dropdown will be where it always has been, in the tool options bar at the top when the Gradient tool is selected.

2 Likes

Ok, I see it, thanks.

Can you share the other matricies? They look really good!

2 Likes

Hey, thanks, I’m glad you liked them! ^^
Also I’m sorry for the lack of updates, health and time problems made me unable to answer before.
I have just reorganized and updated the repository with the new ones, and also added a small tutorial for creating new matrices :slight_smile:
You can find it here: Bitbucket

1 Like

Hi again :smiley:

I’m making some more patterns, I’ll be uploading them to the repo soon ^^

Edit: I’m starting to have too many patterns here XD Any idea of how could I organize them?

2 Likes

Hi there! It’s been a while! :smiley:

I couldn’t think of any way of organizing the patterns, so I uploaded them anyways (should have done that before, probably ^^U).

Now everybody can also use “cats” or “among us” dithering on Aseprite if they want XD

Last version can be downloaded here https://bitbucket.org/jjhaggar/aseprite-dithering-matrices/downloads/

2 Likes