Ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed. at color_selector.cpp.obj

I tried looking elsewhere for answers and couldn’t find much I’ve been at this for like 2 hours so ill just leave it here.
Issue during compile, I saw another post with a similar issue and it was recommended to try changing the line 14 in C:\aseprite\laf\base/base.h from:

#include <math.h>

to:

#include <cmath>

yet this had almost no change and I’m still stuck with the compile error

FAILED: src/app/CMakeFiles/app-lib.dir/ui/color_selector.cpp.obj
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\2022\COMMUN~1\VC\Tools\MSVC\1438~1.331\bin\Hostx64\x64\cl.exe /nologo /TP -DCMARK_STATIC_DEFINE -DCURL_STATICLIB -DENABLE_DATA_RECOVERY -DENABLE_NEWS -DENABLE_SAVE -DENABLE_SCRIPTING -DENABLE_UI -DENABLE_UPDATER -DENABLE_WEBP -DENABLE_WEBSOCKET -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_CONFIG_OVERRIDE_H=1 -DIXWEBSOCKET_USE_ZLIB -DLAF_SKIA -DLAF_WINDOWS -DLAF_WITH_REGION -DLIBARCHIVE_STATIC -DLUA_FLOORN2I=1 -DNDEBUG -DPNG_NO_MMX_CODE -DSK_ALLOW_STATIC_GLOBAL_INITIALIZERS=1 -DSK_BUILD_FOR_WIN -DSK_ENABLE_SKSL=1 -DSK_GAMMA_APPLY_TO_A8 -DSK_GAMMA_SRGB -DSK_GL=1 -DSK_INTERNAL -DSK_SCALAR_TO_FLOAT_EXCLUDED -DSK_SUPPORT_GPU=1 -DTIXML_USE_STL -DUNICODE -DWINVER=0x0A00 -D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS -D_UNICODE -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0A00 -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\zlib -ID:\Aseprite\build\third_party\zlib -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\libpng -ID:\Aseprite\build\third_party\libpng -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\tinyxml -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\pixman\pixman -ID:\Aseprite\build -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\giflib -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\jpeg -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\curl\include -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\simpleini -IC:\deps\skia\third_party\externals\libwebp\src -ID:\Aseprite\src.. -ID:\Aseprite\src\observable -ID:\Aseprite\build\src\app -ID:\Aseprite\laf -ID:\Aseprite\build\laf -ID:\Aseprite\src -ID:\Aseprite\src\doc.. -IC:\deps\skia -IC:\deps\skia\third_party\externals\freetype\include -IC:\deps\skia\third_party\externals\harfbuzz\src -ID:\Aseprite\src\fixmath.. -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\cityhash\src -ID:\Aseprite\src\dio.. -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\fmt\include -ID:\Aseprite\src\observable. -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\cmark\src -ID:\Aseprite\build\third_party\cmark\src -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\giflib\lib -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\json11 -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\libarchive\libarchive -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\tinyexpr -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\qoi -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\lua -ID:\Aseprite\third_party\IXWebSocket /MT /Zi /O2 /Ob1 /D NDEBUG -std:c++17 -MT -wd4267 -wd4244 /showIncludes /Fosrc\app\CMakeFiles\app-lib.dir\ui\color_selector.cpp.obj /Fdsrc\app\CMakeFiles\app-lib.dir\app-lib.pdb /FS -c D:\Aseprite\src\app\ui\color_selector.cpp
D:\Aseprite\src\app\ui\color_selector.cpp(476): error C2660: ‘SkRuntimeShaderBuilder::makeShader’: function does not take 0 arguments
C:\deps\skia\include/effects/SkRuntimeEffect.h(452): note: see declaration of ‘SkRuntimeShaderBuilder::makeShader’
D:\Aseprite\src\app\ui\color_selector.cpp(476): note: while trying to match the argument list ‘()’
D:\Aseprite\src\app\ui\color_selector.cpp(491): error C2660: ‘SkRuntimeShaderBuilder::makeShader’: function does not take 0 arguments
C:\deps\skia\include/effects/SkRuntimeEffect.h(452): note: see declaration of ‘SkRuntimeShaderBuilder::makeShader’
D:\Aseprite\src\app\ui\color_selector.cpp(491): note: while trying to match the argument list ‘()’
D:\Aseprite\src\app\ui\color_selector.cpp(504): error C2660: ‘SkRuntimeShaderBuilder::makeShader’: function does not take 0 arguments
D:\Aseprite\src\app\ui\color_selector.cpp(504): note: while trying to match the argument list ‘()’
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

I’m not an expert here (I built Aseprite for the very first time about an hour ago). But it did build just fine for me using VS2022. One thing I noticed, looking at your errors, is that the line numbers in the Skia source files do not line up with what I’m seeing in my environment, so my first thought is that you are using a different set of Skia sources than I. I got mine from Releases · aseprite/skia · GitHub, taking the Skia-Windows-Release-x64.zip file.

For reference, I followed this guide to build aseprite.

Thanks for the reply!
I reinstalled skia using the link provided and got past the color_selector.cpp.obj. yay
and after rebuilding its was able to compile thank you so much!
Have a great year.

1 Like