No Steam Access and no internet at home either!

So, my friend gifted me Aseprite on Steam, I didn’t know he would do that, and I’m really happy because I was going to buy it next week but the fact is that I just moved to a new home and I need to use my company’s notebook for everything since I will only have internet at home again in about 2 months, but STEAM is blocked on my company’s notebook because people used to play CS at work (I hate them for this)…

I was thinking if there’s a way that I could have access to a portable .exe or a no-steam version just until I have internet again to download the steam version? My desktop doesn’t have wifi so I can’t dowload it there and just copy and Zip the files as I saw someone teach on another topic. I can send you screenshots of the gift receipts if needed, I just wish I could use Aseprite right away, I’m really excited to start on it.

Thank you!

0 Likes

The steam version is portable if you copy it out of the folder and delete the steam files:

steam_api64.dll
steam_appid.txt

Then just put it on a USB stick or something, or e-mail it to yourself.

1 Like

Ah wait I should have read properly. :sweat_smile:

0 Likes

I guess you’ll have to talk to @dacap about that.

1 Like

So my friend, who gifted me will try to do this for me, he’ll login on my steam acc, download, delete those files and e-mail me the .zip! If he’s not able to do that I’ll talk to @dacap about this. Thank you!

0 Likes

Ok he did it, everything’s fine now, i’m already using aseprite, ty!!!

1 Like

GLHF! my guy and enjoy your pixelart salvation

0 Likes