Picking from another palette

Hi!

I’m evaluating Aseprite to see if it could help me in my sprite workflow. I’m targeting NES so most of my sprite will be 3 colors (+1 BG).

I want to work in 4-color indexed mode and be able to quickly try out which colors (from the full 64 colors NES palette) are the best. What if instead of that dark gray I swap it out for a dark red? That kind of deal.

So i want to be able to have a 4-color palette, and then be able to change one of these colors and pick from the full NES palette. Right now the only way I found how to do so is to have the full palette loaded as a image in a second window and eyedrop from that one, add it to my palette, drag it to the right spot and delete the extra color. Its a bit tedious.

Is there a better way to do what I want to do?

-Mat

There are several palette presets that maybe you can use:

I hope it helps :slight_smile:

You can try using Copy and Paste, select a color in one palette, Ctrl+C, go to the other file, and Ctrl+V in the entry you want to paste (you can copy and paste several palette entries at the same time):

copy-paste-colors

3 Likes

Has this changed in the last versions? I’m using v.1.2.17 and I can’t seem to be able to copy & paste palette entries.

Hello, have you tried this NES screen tool ?.
It is not a sprite editor like aseprite, it is to create NES graphics, maybe it makes things easier for you.

https://shiru.untergrund.net/software.shtml

1 Like