Please Add These Features! well needed

Resize the canvas of individual layers

Please add a quick search bar above the layers , i constantly find my selfscrolling up and down trying to find a specific layer when i have a large project.

The ability to set the Priority of a layer via numerical value without having to move the actual order of the layers , this way people can keep things organized better.

The ability to organize layers from a-z or numerically .

the ability to drag the layer window to the side or top or wherever.

maybe im missing this one but a better color altering tool … in other programs usually changing the saturation and hue has a more potent effect

make the zoom have the ability to go to specific percentages ,

make the layers feel more organized. the space is overcrowded and too small

• how would you even rezise canvas for in individual layers? i never seen it in any program whatsoever
  • its pixel art if we rezise it by any percentage its bonna get all sorts of blurred and distorted

I’m curious, could you say more about this? Maybe even post an image comparing what you see in Aseprite to what you see in other programs.

As an example, I took a test image from the Nasa Webb Telescope and did a comparison of what a hue shift by -50 degrees looked like in Aseprite, GIMP and Krita.

:arrow_up: The built-in HSL adjustment.

:arrow_up: Custom Okhsl adjustment.

:arrow_up: Custom SR LAB 2 adjustment.

:arrow_up: Krita, using Luma, not Lightness.

:arrow_up: Krita, HSL.

:arrow_up: GIMP, LCH.

:arrow_up: GIMP, HSL.

I used a hue adjustment only because for the custom SR LAB 2 and GIMP LCH adjustment, saturation and chroma adjustments are not exactly comparable.

Saturation is a percentage with a known lower and upper bound. Chroma is an absolute value with no strict upper bound, just a practical one, for example dark blue can reach around 135 chroma. As a color’s chroma increases, it’s more likely it will go out of gamut. The fastest and easiest way to deal with this is to clamp each color to gamut, which distorts its hue. A costlier approach would be to use some kind of tone mapping.

Results may also vary based on the working color profile used when making the adjustment, for example standard RGB vs. Adobe RGB.

If you want more background, I’d recommend reading the “Disadvantages” section here:

and the “Lightness in different colorspaces” section here: