Please allow right clicking to deselect

Having to use ctrl +D to deselect severely slows down my work flow. I’ve come from Graphics Gale and the way to deselect is to right click. This makes it easy for those who use a pen with buttons on it, or someone like me who uses the mouse and pen together (I’m left handed)

The only other faster way I’ve found to deselect is to select outside of the canvas, which isn’t always possible if I am zoomed all the way in.

It feels very clunky to only be able to turn of selection tool using Ctrl+D. As far as I know there is no way to set it up. (If there is I am unaware of it and would greatly appreciate any and all information that could help)

If it doesn’t exist please add a feature that allows me to update the shortcuts with mouse button clicks. I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you for all the great work. Aseprite is my number 1 pixel art program. It’s come a long way!

1 Like

This also happens to me.
I select elsewhere on the canvas but this creates a new selection of a pixel on most occasions.

I thought I would be the only one with the issue. It really is quite annoying and I hope some sort of fix is offered.