[Script] Export all combinations of layers in groups

Introduction

Hello algain!
This time I bring a new script once again to save your precious time which does the repetitive tasks that you should not do. What this script does is export every possible combination of layers inside different groups. For example, if you have 3 groups with 3 layers inside each group, the script will export all 3x3x3 = 27 combinations. This is specially helpfull as you make more and more layers and groups, as the number of total combinations grows quickly.
The script was commisioned by @AnomuraGame on Twitter, so thanks for that!

Usage

NOTE.- This script was tested on GNU/Linux and Windows machines. Not tested on any other OS, although it should work well on Mac OS.
NOTE 2.- No hard testing went into this script. It should work fine, but use at your own risk. I’m not responsible of any bad use of the script nor unexpected behavior of it.

To execute the script just run it (File → Scripts → Export Layers). A window will prompt asking you the export path file. All the exported images will be created in this folder.

Download

You can download the latest version from here .

Instalation

To install a script, copy the .lua file into Aseprite’s script path (you can find it in File → Scripts → Open Scripts Folder) . Then, if Aseprite was open, rescan the scripts folder (F5 by default or File → Scripts → Rescan Scripts Folder) or simply restart Aseprite.
For a detailed guide on scripts, check out @JJHaggar’s collection . It includes a detailed guide on how to install and use scripts as well as a bunch of them!

Changelog

• v1.0 - Initial release.
1 Like

this somehow does not work for me. idk if im doing something wrong. it only saves one picture of one combination for me (which is the currrent combi im on before saving) D:

Hi! If you can, please provide a .ase file with which I can test that and I’ll take it a look :slight_smile: