Sending art from the trial version to the full version?

So I’ve been using the trial version to see if I like the program, and I plan on buying the full version.
However, I’ve made some things in the trial that I’d like to carry over to the full version. Is that possible, or will I just have to recreate them?

1 Like

The best way to move your work to the full version will be copying and pasting each frame.

1 Like

Copy and pasting the layer from the trial version to the paid version just cases the paid version to become unresponsive for a few min and then crash. Is there another way?

:thinking: Try selecting the whole canvas (Ctrl+A) and copying it (Ctrl+C) in the trial, then go to the full version, and then use Edit > Paste Special > Paste as New Sprite menu option. If there are other frames or layers, try to re-create then in the new sprite, and copy/paste the canvas pixels of each cel.

That doesn’t work, too. Same issue.:disappointed_relieved:

Does the program crashes? Could you please tell me what specific version of the trial version and the full version of Aseprite are you running? Also what operating system (windows 7. win 10, macOS, etc.)

Yes it crashes. I have windows 10, Aseprite 1.2.13-trail by…, 1.2.13 full version, only the full version is from steam if this helps.
It sais no respond :thinking:

I have the same exact problem. I spent an entire 3 hours working on the trial version, making a really cool artwork, and now it’s telling me I can’t save it… Why? T.T Someone please help? And please have that disclaimer from the get go in the future.

The warning is right there at the top of the trial page

This is a year old but in case anyone encountered the same issue, I encountered this just now and figured out a workaround for moving individual layer from the trial version to the paid version (wish there was a way to just enter a key in the trial version to unlock save and everything / upgrade to a paid version).

The current instruction for copy & pasting each layer over isn’t working right now by default as noted in the thread above, however, it does work if you merge or flatten the layers. The resulting merged or flatten layer in the trial can be copied and then be pasted special → as a new layer in the paid version. Note I only tried this for static layers and have not tried it with animated sprites, but the same workaround might work there too.

Here’s the exact step (assuming you have both the trial and the paid version opened and your work is on the trial version):

1. go to the paid version and create a new sprite with the exact same canvas size, color mode, and background as the trial version’s sprite.

2. go to the trial version and starting with the LOWEST layer, with it selected, create a new blank layer (Shift-N on Windows). The new blank layer will be created above the lowest layer.

3. With the blank layer selected, right click and select Merge Down option to combine the blank layer with the lowest layer that has your art on it.

4. Select All (Ctrl/Command A or Select → All), then copy (Ctrl/Command C or Edit → Copy)

5. Go to the paid version sprite and Edit → Paste Special → Paste as New Layer (or Ctrl/Command-Shift-V)

6. Go back to the trial version and DELETE the lowest layer you just copied over (right click on it and Delete Layer). Don’t worry if you messed up you can always undo.

7. Repeat step 2-6 for the next lowest layer until every layer is copied over. Then be sure to save the paid version sprite when you’re done before closing out your trial version.

p.s. If you don’t care about retaining the layers, you can just Flatten Visible all the layers into a single layer on the trial and select all then copy the entire sprite over as one layer.