[SOLVED] Unable to Compile Windows 10

Hello.

I have tried all day to compile the latest version. Im on windows 10 64bit

Followed every instruction found in:

1. I’ve cloned the repository
  2. Done the call for the VB.bat everytime I open a cmd.
  3. Downloaded the pre compiled skia and laf
  4. Everything is on the folder that is supposed to be
    5)Succesfully built everything with CMAKER
  5. Locale is in english

But:

I always get ninja:build stopped: subcommand fail. I’ve scanned the log but I dont see any error.

I’ve done several clean installs
I do not have MINGW (even unistalled git)

This is the last piece of the log before it fails:

[496/1502] Building CXX object laf\os\CMakeFiles\laf-os.dir\skia\os.cpp.obj
c:\Aseprite\laf\os/surface.h(118): warning C4244: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘const T’ to ‘const float’, possible loss of data
with
[
T=double
]
c:\Aseprite\laf\os/surface.h(118): warning C4244: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘const T’ to ‘const float’, possible loss of data
with
[
T=double
]
C:\deps\skia\include\core\SkMatrix.h(113): warning C4244: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘int32_t’ to ‘SkScalar’, possible loss of data
C:\deps\skia\include\core\SkMatrix.h(113): warning C4244: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘int32_t’ to ‘SkScalar’, possible loss of data
c:\Aseprite\laf\gfx/matrix_skia.h(104): warning C4244: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘const T’ to ‘SkScalar’, possible loss of data
with
[
T=double
]
c:\Aseprite\laf\gfx/matrix_skia.h(104): warning C4244: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘const T’ to ‘SkScalar’, possible loss of data
with
[
T=double
]
with
[
T=double
]
with
[
T=double
]
c:\Aseprite\laf\os/skia/skia_helpers.h(32): warning C4244: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘const T’ to ‘SkScalar’, possible loss of data
with
[
T=double
]
c:\Aseprite\laf\os/skia/skia_helpers.h(32): warning C4244: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘const T’ to ‘SkScalar’, possible loss of data
with
[
T=double
]
with
[
T=double
]
with
[
T=double
]
c:\Aseprite\laf\os/skia/skia_helpers.h(38): warning C4244: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘const _Ty’ to ‘SkScalar’, possible loss of data
with
[
_Ty=double
]
c:\Aseprite\laf\os/skia/skia_helpers.h(37): warning C4244: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘const _Ty’ to ‘SkScalar’, possible loss of data
with
[
_Ty=double
]
c:\Aseprite\laf\os/skia/skia_helpers.h(36): warning C4244: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘const T’ to ‘SkScalar’, possible loss of data
with
[
T=double
]
c:\Aseprite\laf\os/skia/skia_helpers.h(36): warning C4244: ‘argument’: conversion from ‘const T’ to ‘SkScalar’, possible loss of data
with
[
T=double
]
c:\Aseprite\laf\os/skia/skia_surface.h(573): warning C4244: ‘-=’: conversion from ‘SkScalar’ to ‘int32_t’, possible loss of data
c:\Aseprite\laf\os/skia/skia_surface.h(582): warning C4244: ‘+=’: conversion from ‘SkScalar’ to ‘int32_t’, possible loss of data
c:\Aseprite\laf\os/skia/skia_surface.h(591): warning C4244: ‘-=’: conversion from ‘SkScalar’ to ‘int32_t’, possible loss of data
c:\Aseprite\laf\os/skia/skia_surface.h(600): warning C4244: ‘+=’: conversion from ‘SkScalar’ to ‘int32_t’, possible loss of data
c:\Aseprite\laf\os/skia/skia_surface.h(601): warning C4244: ‘+=’: conversion from ‘SkScalar’ to ‘int32_t’, possible loss of data
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

Do you have any recommendation?

Thank you very much in advance.

Solved!

It seems there’s a problem in the current master branch.

It was solved with the help of the aseprite reddit community:

Compiled the zipped version of the file in /release and compiled it with no issue.

2 Likes