Syntax error in cmake code

Hi! this is probably due to my inexperience topped with my rustiness following guides like this, so please forgive me if this is obvious. I cannot for the life of me get past this step.

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DLAF_BACKEND=skia -DSKIA_DIR=C:\deps\skia -DSKIA_LIBRARY_DIR=C:\deps\skia\out\Release-x64 -DSKIA_LIBRARY=C:\deps\skia\out\Release-x64\skia.lib -G Ninja ..

I have lost count of the things that I have tried to resolve this one issue, including restarting the whole process multiple times. I have grown frustrated though, so that may have caused me to overlook something blatant. Regardless, it seems like me trying to comprehend whats going on there isn’t getting me anywhere because Ive been stuck on this one issue for an embarrassingly long time.

Changing the direction of the slashes in any configuration I could think of doesn’t seem to change anything.

Here is my cmd output

c:\aseprite\build>cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DLAF_BACKEND=skia -DSKIA_DIR=C:\deps\skia -DSKIA_LIBRARY_DIR=C:\deps\skia\out\Release-x64 -DSKIA_LIBRARY=C:\deps\skia\out\Release-x64\skia.lib -G Ninja ..
CMake Deprecation Warning at CMakeLists.txt:17 (cmake_policy):
  The OLD behavior for policy CMP0046 will be removed from a future version
  of CMake.

The cmake-policies(7) manual explains that the OLD behaviors of all
  policies are deprecated and that a policy should be set to OLD only under
  specific short-term circumstances.  Projects should be ported to the NEW
  behavior and not rely on setting a policy to OLD.

CMake Error at CMakeFiles/3.24.1/CMakeCCompiler.cmake:1 (set):
  Syntax error in cmake code at

C:/aseprite/CMakeFiles/3.24.1/CMakeCCompiler.cmake:1

when parsing string

C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\ninja.exe

Invalid character escape '\P'.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:32 (project)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/aseprite/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

The system is: Windows - 10.0.22622 - AMD64

ever found an answer? haha