Trying to compile Aseprite, failing hard

Hey there, I’ve been trying to compile Aseprite without sucess and I wonder if anyone could help me. I don’t know for sure, but I must’ve done something wrong.
I tried to follow the steps presented in the Install .md file on Github: downloaded ninja.exe, the Aseprite and depot_tools files. Installed python, CMake, Git and Visual Studio Community 2017. I am using the Developer command prompt for VS2017.

I am having some troubles with the gclient sync command. I know the error message is normal, still it doesn’t seem to be doing what it should.

I’ve downloaded Google depot tools and uncompressed it in C:\deps\depot_tools and set a path to it, accessed depot_tools and entered the gclient command:

set PATH=C:\deps\depot_tools;%PATH%
cd C:\deps\depot_tools
C:\deps\depot_tools>gclient sync

It returns this:

Bootstrapping cipd client for windows-amd64 from https://chrome-infra-packages.appspot.com/client?platform=windows-amd64&version=git_revision:b482bfa19d3fa79b4b40dd5ac7a34479052e3df1

[P14796 19:30:10.392 fs.go:421 W] fs: failed to cleanup trashed file - remove C:\deps\depot_tools.cipd_client_cache\trash\L1W9bbOsVvZh: Access denied.

[P14796 19:30:10.397 fs.go:421 W] fs: failed to cleanup trashed file - remove C:\deps\depot_tools.cipd_client_cache\trash\L1W9bbOsVvZh: Access denied.

Error: client not configured; see ‘gclient config’

Thanks for your time and attention.

• Caio S.

Can you continue the compilation steps after Error: client not configured; see ‘gclient config’? (that’s an expected error message)