View sprite size after Trim Sprite(s)?

Is there a (good) way to display the new sprite/frame size after exporting an animation with the Trim Sprite export option?

Hi @vigge, are you talking about the File > Export Sprite Sheet with the “Trim Sprite” option? To regenerate the sprite you need to use the information from the JSON data, but I’m not sure if that is what you need.

Hi @dacap!

I could’ve included a better use case here I recon :slight_smile:
I’ve been using this since I first noticed it in beta, before this I always manually selected all cells and layers and cropped the Sprite size before exporting (File -> Export Sprite Sheet). Now instead I use the Export Sprite Sheet -> Borders -> Trim Sprite and get it cropped automatically instead.

However, in our game engine, we input coordinates and sizes manually and before Trim Sprite, when I manually cropped the Sprite scene, I also got the frame size as a bonus.

So I just wanted to know if there were an easier way for me to get the information of how big the Sprite frame actually are after using the Trim Sprite function :slight_smile:

Oh I see, so the sprite size is like hard-coded in your game engine. At the moment the most “easy” way (or possible to be automated) is looking at the resulting JSON data (the field spriteSourceSize of teach frame in frames has the sprite size).

Some other users ask us to show some extra information in the Export Sprite Sheet dialog (like number of frames, or in this case, the size of each sprite, note: only if there is one size), but this would be for future versions.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! The JSON data would absolutely suffice for me right now :slight_smile: