We need a nativ IPad Version

You have an executable version, please give it out. I know your argument that comfort and usability on a tablet is not the same. But manufacturers like ProCreat or Affinity Designer or whatever they’re called can do it too.
They are a lot more complex in terms of scope.

Aseprit is the best pixel art tool in the world and I don’t want to miss it. many who are not heard here wish that.
Make it true for us.

Greetings and many thanks for this great tool

Heyo! Native iPad support won’t come out soon, but it is planned for sometime in the future. I doubt they have an iPad version ready at all yet, however.
Plus, demanding someone give you a paid (but compile yourself for free) piece of software for free isn’t the best way to get it.

Nobody wants it for free, how do you come up with such nonsense. I just want to be able to work decently on the go and don’t want to steal from anyone.

we dont have any mobile version, much less to a specific software(apple too which is more annoying to get into the store)

first i would cheer for a mobile version before anything, and that version ist coming up soon.

1 Like

I apologize, it just sounded like you’re demanding it be released, though yeah I guess I did say you wanted it to be free for you.

Hi everybody! an iOS version is planned, but these are the steps to work on:

1. Make the whole UI more customizable, e.g. dockable elements, etc. (there is some work-in-progress about that)
  2. Create a better UX on tablets/surfaces or for stylus-only (without keyboard)
  3. Complete the iOS port (we have some work already done, but still need a lot to make it available)
3 Likes

Hi. I know that y’all still working on it, but I’m curious to know the progress so far.

Oh yes! This would be amazing to have an iPad native version. Currently Pixaki is the closest thing, (good) but nowhere near to Aseprite.

As an alternative I’m using Aseprite on iPad via sidecar on my iPad Pro. Can’t wait for full freedom!

Do we have any approximate timelines?

There is no ETA, but we are making progress. We’ll need a lot of beta testing in the following months to start trying different UI ideas.

2 Likes

Purchased Aseprite back on 2017 and fell in love with it. Being able to use it natively as an app on either iOS or Android devices, especially on those with Pencil/Pen/Stylus will open a whole new experience of this awesome software… Can’t wait for a beta release and would even like to help with testing.

I have an app on my iPad that looks a LOT like Aseprite, with a bunch of things still in development

It’s called ReSprite…yeah it’s copy right infringement, then again turns out it was made by a Chinese company and far as I can tell, the Chinese really don’t care about ripping off other people’s works too closely even in the face of IP Laws and just making something that doesn’t look to similar to someone else’s work

If you wanna give it a try, remember it’s still in development, no color picker last I checked

1 Like

Thanks for this info. From the screenshots on AppStore it sure resembles Aseprite… I bought and use Pixel Studio as I found it the best app for pixel art on-the-go so far, but its interface isn’t the best and very confusing. Didn’t know about Resprite until reading your comment.

Came back to edit this comment after trying out Resprite, and I must say that I immediately felt familiar with it, as if people don’t dig into detail and see it they’d think that it’s an official Aseprite app - as it looks and feels very much like it!

Since there’s no official Aseprite app yet, Resprite from now on will be my companion app for pixel art on-the-go. Just bought the lifetime purchase option to unlock the trial limitations. Though, I sure will buy the real Aseprite app once it is released.

By the way, I found that the current release has a color picker - you just have to long press on the color you wish to pick and it picks it. Works for transparancy as well, and I find it very handy instead of needing to select the eraser and to re-select the drawing tool.