What is the most frames Aseprite can do?

I just started using Aseprite and I want to start getting into making pixel videos. I was wondering whats the max frames Aseprite can go to? I know like a minute of animating is 1,800 frames so I was wondering if Aseprite could even go that high. Thanks!

You can give a try to the demo version and check how many frames you can create. You will not be able to save your work, but at least you can have an idea (you can create a sprite with the resolution you’re looking for, create several layers, fill those layers, and start creating new frames with Alt+N, then you can clone frames from the timeline or clone the whole frames selecting all frames in the timeline and using with Alt+B several times to create 1800 frames)

As a side note, if the sprite will be too big (e.g. 1024x1024), the file could take a lot of time to save, and you will be better handling the animation in multiple files.

it does go over 2000 frames, it took me so fekin’ long to do that, not sure how far after that tho

1 Like

I think it goes up to this number_ 53632. I was modeling a combinatoric sequence in pixel art, and then got all the way to the spot where all of the colors except for the gray in the middle turn black (makes sense in context so I’ll include a gif of it, anyways no dice), I saved it, and kept working on things, then I scroll to the maximum frame, and it’s NOT the last frame I animated. So… either I spaced major big ones, or I hit some kind of invisible hard limit.

Image (Too BiG (Ironically its small) to share)