When drawing transparent colors with pencil, replace colors being drawn over instead of blending?

In Gamemaker Studio 1.x and previous versions, there was an option to change the way all drawing with transparent colors was handled, “blend” and “replace”. “Blend” would handle drawing with transparent colors the way they seem to be handled in Aseprite and pretty much every other drawing program, i.e. if you draw a color with 50 percent transparency over an existing color the pixel is filled with a new color that’s a mix of the two. “Replace” would delete the contents of the pixel and replace it with the contents of the brush/clipboard/floating selection/etc. It was an incredibly useful feature that they removed in GMS2 and I haven’t been able to find it in any other drawing program. Is there a way to do this in Asesprite? I’ve been playing with the demo and looking through the FAQ but can’t find anything.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it - it’s the ink option “Copy Alpha+Color”. Exactly the feature I’m looking for!

2 Likes