Aseprite Scripts Collection

A new extension for Aseprite: MSX image file import.

https://community.aseprite.org/t/extension-msx-image-file-import/8655/2

7 Likes

Hi everyone, thanks for all these scripts. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m having trouble finding one that does the exact thing I need, or knowing the terminology for it…

Is there a script that can scan an indexed color image and tell me if I’ve used more than X palette colours in a single pixel height horizontal line? I’m working on Amiga copper backdrops and have a 3 colours (+ transparent/black) per line limitation to work around and it’s surprisingly difficult to do it by eye. Even better if it could highlight the lines somehow?

Here try this script: eg_palrowmax.lua - Google Drive :slight_smile:
You may edit value of MAX_COLORS_IN_ROW at 5th row inside script if you want some other max count.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :smiley:

… I don’t quite understand how it works, sorry! haha,. When I run it in file/scripts it pops up “All OK!” but i don’t know if it did anything… It says All OK! whatever picture I try it on? I’m maybe doing it wrong. I’m on Aseprite 1.2.27

Oh, I forgot to mention. You should prefix your layers with + sign or # sign for it to be checked. It checks all frames of all layers prefixed that way.

2 Likes

Ahh that works perfectly :smiley: That’s going to speed me up quite a bit, thankyou!

1 Like

非常感谢,我在为自己的游戏项目写一个lua脚本用于导出图片和数据的时候遇到了问题,在参考了“Export sprite’s layers as individual images”中的lua脚本后,我解决了我的问题。我向此作者表达了感谢,也感谢你的整理的列表。
Thank you very much. I had a problem writing a Lua script for exporting images and data for my game project. I solved my problem by referring to the Lua script in “Export Sprite’s Layers as Individual Images”. I express my thanks to the author and thank you for compiling this list.

1 Like

Simple Color Range Multi-Select Noodle – SCRMSN

I just made a helpful color range selection script. It lets you select colors continuously instead of one-by-one like you had to do with the built-in tool: select-> color range.

I’m calling this one SCMRSN (pronounced “Scrimson”) and plan to release a CRMSN version later.

It’s available on itch: Simple Color Range Multi-Select Noodle by J19

4 Likes

are there any extensions that can modify the duration of a specific cel or layer? I’ve been trying to change the frame rate per layer but it turns out, it also change the cels that’s within that Frame.

I think you can only have frame rates on cels, not on layers or anything else. I could be wrong though

So, when I first came across this thread several months ago, I tried to download among other things this script. Unfortunately, the link to GitHub was and still is dead. I went to author’s twitter, ask them for a working one and got it!
Since then the author privated their twitter. So the script became inaccessible again.
Which is why I uploaded the file to my GDrive in case anyone needs it.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I created a simple “noise” script. GIMP has something similar, and I was missing it in Aseprite.

By default, it will create a new layer and scatter it with single pixel dots in your current foreground color. You can control the density with the first script option (higher numbers = LOWER density).

Even better, if you want to create noise using a brush, all you have to do is choose the “Use current brush” checkbox and the script will apply the brush anywhere it would have created a speck of noise.

Download and further explanation here:

3 Likes

One more for finding orphan pixels! (as suggested by @Hector_Bometon):

2 Likes

Hey everyone! :smiley:

I apologize for not updating this list recently, as I’ve been quite busy lately. However, I wanted to share a small Aseprite script I just finished working on. It allows you to import images from a folder into new layers.

You can find the script here: https://bitbucket.org/jjhaggar/aseprite-scripts/src/master/import_images_as_layers/

Feel free to give it a try and let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions. Enjoy! ^^/

1 Like

Hi JJ, this script is exactly what I’ve been looking for. Tho I can’t seem to run it, it keeps giving me this error:
image_2023-08-29_222405188
“Unexpected symbol near ‘<’”

Thank you for making this btw :))

I suspect that the problem is that you downloaded the file as “html”, and not as “lua”.

Please, try downloading it from here: Bitbucket
Click that link > Click on the 3 points at the top right > right click on “open raw” > save link as “import_images_as_layers.lua”

If it still doesn’t work, please create a .lua file (you can use notepad++ for example) and paste this code inside:

-- Aseprite script: Import images as layers

-- Author: JJHaggar
-- Generated with the assistance of an AI model

-- License: CC0 1.0 Universal 
-- https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

-- Prompts the user to select a file
local dlg = Dialog("Select file")
dlg:label{
    id = "instructions_label",
    label = "Instructions: ",
    text = "Select an image in the folder that contains all the images you want to add as layers"
}
dlg:file{
  id = "file",
  label = "File:",
  open = true,
  save = false,
  onchange = function(file) dlg:modify{id="file", text=file} end
}
dlg:button{ id = "ok", text = "OK" }
dlg:show()

-- Extracts the directory path of the selected file
local file = dlg.data.file
local dir = app.fs.filePath(file)

-- Gets a list of files in the selected directory
if app.fs.isDirectory(dir) then
    local files = app.fs.listFiles(dir)
    for _,filename in ipairs(files) do
        -- Check if the file is an image by its extension
        local extension = string.sub(filename, -4)
        if extension == ".png" or extension == ".jpg" or extension == ".bmp" or extension == ".gif" then
            -- Extract the full path to the file
            local filePath = app.fs.joinPath(dir, filename)

-- Check if there is an active sprite
            local sprite = app.activeSprite
            if not sprite then
                return app.alert("There is no active sprite.")
            end

-- Creates a new layer with the file name
            local newLayer = sprite:newLayer()
            newLayer.name = filename

-- Load the image
            local image = Image{ fromFile=filePath }

-- If the image could be loaded, add it to the sprite
            if image then
                -- Get the current frame
                local currentFrame = app.activeFrame

-- Adds the image to the layer at the current frame
                sprite:newCel(newLayer, currentFrame, image)
            else
                app.alert("Could not load image: " .. filename)
            end

-- Refreshes the sprite view
            app.refresh()
        end
    end
else
    print("Error. Select an image in the folder you have all the images.")
end

And please let me know if it works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It works! Thank youuu, have been using aseprite for 3 years now but I didn’t know these scripts are such a game changer :joy:

1 Like

Lil script that helps with seamless tiles of any shape, like isometric ones.

2 Likes

Script for editing XML atlases for Towerfall. I know it is only useful for a few people, but the code could be helpful to look at.

1 Like

…Okay, this is a script for viewing txt, xml, and json files. Editing not supported.

1 Like